Graduate student of National & Kapodistrian University of Athens (UoA), department of Mathematics. I’ve been an undergraduate student at the same place. My thesis (pure mathematics) was: the di-bar equation on the plane and basic Theorems of Complex Analysis.
Later on, I’ve moved on to pursue a PhD at the University of Cyprus (qualifying exams were mandatory and passing them was such a relief!).
Research Interests: Distributions, Boiti–Leon–Manna–Pempinelli Equation
-Ioannis I. Ioakim, Christodoulos Sophocleous, An introduction to Ordinary Differential Equations, Nicosia, August 2021 (Intro & TOC)
-Ioannis I. Ioakim, An introduction to Ordinary Differential Equations–Solutions of the exercises, Nicosia, March 2021 (errata)
• (June 2022) Regular member of the Cyprus Mathematical Society (CMS)
• (June 2022) Proudly an associate member of the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (consider supporting them!)
• (13 May 2022) Call for pedagogical training under suggestion by the Cyprus Ministry of Education, Culture, Youth and Sports
• (13,14&18 Nov. 2021) Cyprus Government examinations for entering the new list for secondary educational system in Cyprus as a mathematician (‘appointable’). Results 31 March 2022/Success
• (06 Nov 2021) Cyprus Government examinations (aptitude tests), A8 scale/Success
• (28 Oct 2021) Cyprus Government examinations (aptitude tests), A2,5-7 scale/Success
• (7 July 2021) GRE General test (80th percentile)
• (11 Jan 2020) IELTS (academic) – Band score 7.5
• Analysis summer meeting, Thessaloniki, 25-26 June 2015 (talk given)
Academic achievements highlights:
–Probability Theory I (8/10), Combinatorics (9/10), Probability Theory II (10/10-top class score), Statistics (8/10), Stochastic processes (8/10)
–Geometric Analysis (10/10-top class score), Differential forms (9/10-top class score), PDEs (9/10), Differential Geometry of Curves and Surfaces (8/10)
–Real Analysis I (8/10), Real Analysis II (8/10), Functional Analysis I (8/10), Complex Analysis I (8/10), Complex Analysis II (10/10-top class score), Calculus III (8/10)
–Philosophy of Mathematics, Psychology of Learning-Cognitive Psychology, Pedagogics (9/10)
–IT II (8/10), Physical meteorology (9/10)
I’ve also attended 12 postgraduate classes (9 classes was the requirement to obtain the post grad degree at UoA) including Differential Geometry (manifolds), Riemannian Geometry, Infinitesimal Differential Geometry, Probability (measure theory), Operator Theory, Complex Analysis, etc.
A note on Linear Partial Differential Operators
Holomorphic functions and the Wirtinger derivative
Tempered Distributions and the Fourier transform